“En ce moment” is a piano improvisation inspired by meditation traditions and ‘time-warping’ techniques. It was commissioned for The Imposter, a show hosted by Aliya Pabani on CANADALAND. The episode addresses the use of perceptual phenomena in the composition practice of several Montréal-based artists, including the noise-meditation series called Practice at the Never Apart gallery in Montréal.
The show features an interview [starting at 24:57] along with the full composition [29:39].
This week on ADSR Radio we have a special “Pretty Good Not Bad” (PGNB) Festival recap show. PGNB takes place in Victoria BC and is now in it’s second year. The festival showcases ambient and experimental electronic artists from the west coast and beyond.
1. Magneticring – Sirens- Sing a long EP- self released
2. Nicolas Sassoon interview
3. Magneticring – Side A – Seattle, April 2nd 2011- All the Fluid is Floating – Dokuro
4. Sarah Davachi – For voice- All My Circles Run- Students of Decay
5. Sarah Davachi – Chanter- All My Circles Run – Students of Decay
6. Slope – January- obsidian – Low Indigo
7. Slope – northern winds (feat kline)- Obsidian – Low Indigo
8. Slope – Plumes- obsidian – Low Indigo
9. Katherine Kline interview
10. Dreamcatcher Radio Play Live at CKUT on Montreal Sessions
11. Wiklow – No harm from ghosts and spirits – Forthcoming
12. Wiklow – Solar months – Forthcoming
13. Wiklow – Leave no tracks, cast no shadows – Forthcoming
14 Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – Stunts – Euclid – Western Vinyl
15. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – Glide – Euclid – Western Vinyl
16. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – Escapade – Euclid – Western Vinyl
17. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – Labyrinth- Euclid – Western Vinyl
18. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – Labyrinth- IIEuclid – Western Vinyl
Carefree and considerate, Wiklow explores the space in-between the usual steady pulse of techno. Through a summer of inspiration we move into fall with that feeling of transition; a path new and unknown. of what yet will become…
Wiklow joins Montréal journalist and radio host DJ Cyan for a live performance and interview. Broadcasting on CKUT 90.3FM. Cyan’s Modular Systems has been on-air for over a decade and has hosted critically acclaimed artists such as The Bug, Monolake and TM404. The show begins with a short interview followed by performance.